In the past few years, gift cards have become more popular than ever. They’re a great way to treat other people, and they’re a great way to save money. But what are the best ways to use gift cards to get the most value from them? And what happens when you can’t use them anymore? In this blog post, I will discuss a few of the most popular ways to convert visa gift cards to cash, and I will also outline a list of other websites that can help you accomplish the same, in a more effective way.
If you are looking for easy tips and tricks to convert your gift cards into cash, then you’ve come to the right place. The following article provides nine ways for you to convert your gift cards to cash easily.
We’ve always been intrigued by how direct banks are integrating the benefits of crypto currencies like Bitcoin and Ethereum. The more we learn about the global economy, the more we realize the benefits of a decentralized currency and blockchain technology. So, how does the future of crypto currencies look like? The answer is still somewhat of a mystery, but we’ve already seen one company that offers it. Here’s how you can check it out.
It’s possible that some of the links in this article are affiliate links. For additional information, please see my disclosure.
Do you need to convert Visa gift cards to cash right now, or have you ever received a Visa gift card from a side hustle but needed cash instead? Yes, I’ve been there as well.
While Visa gift cards are a wonderful choice for presents, there may be times when you need cash instead. When I took part in a focus group a few years ago, we were given Visa gift cards as a thank you for our time. Some of the participants in the focus group expressed a desire for cash instead.
This article will go over some of the greatest methods to convert Visa gift cards into cash when you need money, in order to offer you a better knowledge of all the amazing ways you may convert a Visa gift card to cash.
It will also discuss some of the most effective methods for transferring a visa gift card to a bank account.
How Do I Redeem A Gift Card?
You may really swap your gift card for cash online if you’re searching for a method to do it. Selling a Visa gift card on sites like Gift Cash is one of the quickest and most reliable methods to earn cash for it.
By uploading the gift card’s associated retailer and balance to our site, you may sell your unwanted gift cards. Gift Cash will then make you an offer, and if you accept it, they will process your payment and give you cash.
You may also use Gift Card Granny to sell your unwanted gift cards. Forbes, NBC News, Oprah Magazine, and many other publications have featured this site.
Is it possible to transfer funds from a Visa gift card to PayPal?
You may earn money for your unwanted gift cards by selling them on the Card Cash website. According to the PayPal website, you may deposit funds from a gift card directly into your PayPal account.
Keep in mind that you’ll need to use your Visa gift card to purchase another merchant’s gift card before uploading it to the Card Cash website.
According to my understanding, the Card Cash website only takes gift cards from shops like Target, Walmart, Jewels-Osco, and others. As a result, you’ll need to use your Visa gift card to buy a gift card from one of the Card Cash merchants that accept it.
How to Deposit a Visa Gift Card Into Your Bank Account
While you can’t immediately transfer a Visa gift card to a bank account, you can receive it as cash by transferring the Visa gift card to your PayPal balance and then transferring the PayPal balance to your bank account. This article will discuss several more methods for doing this.
How to Transfer Money From a Visa Gift Card to a Bank Account in 9 Easy Steps
1. Put it in your PayPal account.
If you want to convert a Visa gift card to cash, PayPal is a good option. Individuals may transfer gift cards to their PayPal balance via the Card Cash service, which is operated by PayPal.
If you choose PayPal, you must first buy a second gift card using the Visa gift card. You must first buy a gift card from one of Card Cash’s approved merchants since they only accept gift cards from shops and restaurants.
You’ll be ready to leave after you’ve completed that task. Here are the steps to utilizing Card Cash to convert your gift card to PayPal cash. You may transfer a Visa gift card to a bank account using this technique.
1. Go to the Card Cash website and choose the “Sell gift cards” option. Fill in the name of the retailer and the amount on the gift card. Then choose “Get Offer” from the drop-down menu.
2. When you get an offer, you will be able to view the PayPal amount for which you may swap your gift card directly on the site.
3. If you accept the amount, all you have to do now is click “Get Cash” and choose how you want to be paid. Click “PayPal Express” if you wish to use PayPal.
4. Enter the number and pin associated with your gift card. Then choose “Connect with PayPal” from the drop-down menu. Fill out the necessary fields in your PayPal account, then click “Get My PayPal Balance.”
To view the same steps and additional information on how to transfer money from gift cards to your PayPal balance, go to PayPal.
You may transfer your money to your bank account after you’ve received it and it’s been put to your PayPal balance. You have the choice of transferring it right now or in 3 to 5 business days.
One of the greatest things about PayPal is that it is very safe and secure, with safeguards in place to protect you from fraudsters.
Additional Methods of Obtaining PayPal Gift Cards
- Swagbucks: One of my favorite rewards programs is Swagbucks. You may earn points on this site by doing things like viewing movies online, doing surveys, and buying online. When you’re ready, you can exchange your Swagbucks points for PayPal or shop gift cards on the Swagbucks website. I’ve made $4,000 since joining Swagbucks four years ago. Swagbucks may be found by clicking here.
- Ibotta: One of my favorite cash-back applications is Ibotta. You may submit your receipts from your shopping trip to this app and get money back. You may pay out for a PayPal gift card after you reach $25. Click here to learn more about Ibotta.
- Rakuten is a cash-back website where you may get money back on both online and in-store purchases. Rakuten works with over 2000 shops to help you get the most out of your shopping experience. Rakuten may be found by clicking here.
2. Use Your Visa Gift Card to Pay Your Bills
Some businesses may let you pay your monthly payment using a Visa gift card.
Whether you’re not sure if you can use a Visa gift card to pay one or more of your monthly payments, contact the bill’s customer care department. All you have to do is inquire whether they do, and then go from there.
3. Make a Venmo account for it.
Adding a Visa gift card to your Venmo account is another great method to turn it into cash. Venmo enables users to add Visa gift cards to their Venmo accounts, something not many people are aware of.
How can I use Venmo to transfer a Visa gift card to my bank account?
To add a Visa gift card to your Venmo account, follow these steps:
- Go to the Venmo app on your phone.
- Then choose “Payment Method” from the “Settings” menu.
- Select “Add bank or card” from the drop-down menu.
- Fill in the details for your Visa gift card and click “add card to your account.”
You’ll be able to transfer your money to your bank account after that. If you run into any problems, please contact the Venmo support staff for assistance.
4. Use the Visa Gift Card to purchase a money order
You may buy a money order using a Visa gift card at places like Walmart. Keep in mind that this varies by region, so contact ahead to the Walmart you’ll be visiting to confirm if this option is available in your area.
You may deposit your money order into your bank and utilize it like cash as you get it. If you’re not sure how a money order works, read this Nerd Wallet article. It covers everything you need to know about getting a money order before you get started.
5. Use the Raise App to sell it.
Another option for turning a Visa gift card into cash is to sell it on the Raise app. Raise is a website that makes it simple to sell your unused gift cards.
It’s a piece of cake! You just need to locate all of your unwanted gift cards and offer them for sale on the site. Finally, when someone purchases a gift card, you will be compensated by check, PayPal, or direct deposit.
If you have any unwanted Visa gift cards or any other gift cards from shops like Target, Amazon, or Walmart, Raise is a great place to sell them. You may save money when you purchase other gift cards on their site, in addition to selling unused gift cards.
You may also go through their coupon area for the most up-to-date discounts on famous shops and brands.
6. Online sale of a Visa gift card
There are a few more places where you may sell your Visa gift cards besides Raise.com. Take a look at the websites listed below.
- Gift Card Granny has been featured in Forbes, NBC, and Oprah Magazine, among other publications. You may sell your unwanted gift cards on this site, and it isn’t restricted to Visa gift cards. You may sell any kind of gift card from any shop that you have lying around the home. Visit Gift Card Granny by clicking here.
- Gift Cash: This service, like Gift Card Granny, allows individuals to sell their unwanted gift cards and get money. This site is fantastic since their list of approved merchants is updated on a regular basis. So, if you have a gift card that isn’t on their list, just let them know and they will check into adding it to the list.
- Card Cash: With Card Cash, you can rapidly save money by selling your gift cards or purchasing discounted gift cards.
- Game Flip is another service where you can make money by selling unused and non-reloadable gift cards.
7. Give Away The Visa Gift Card As A Present
Giving Visa gift cards as a present is another excellent method to convert them to cash. One of the best features of Visa gift cards is that they may be used as “cash” gifts. You may present a Visa gift card to someone attending a special event, such as a birthday or a baby shower.
The recipient will be able to use the gift cards like cash on anything they choose. This is a fantastic way to offer someone a similar-to-money present. You may simply place the Visa gift card in a customized card and present it to them as a gift instead of handing them cash in a card.
8. Put it up for sale on Facebook Marketplace.
If you want to turn your Visa gift cards into cash, try selling them on Facebook Marketplace. You can sell and purchase unused gift cards on Facebook Marketplace. This is a fantastic method to receive money in return for unused gift cards.
If you want to sell gift cards on Facebook Marketplace, make sure you upload high-quality pictures of the cards you wish to sell. Also, before you send the card, double-check that the balance is accurate.
When purchasing goods on Facebook Marketplace, my advice is to check the seller’s feedback first. You want someone who has a 5-star rating.
By clicking on the item that the vendor is selling and checking under the seller details, you can see their rating. If someone has a low rating, avoid buying anything from them to spare yourself the trouble.
9. Sell Your Visa Gift Card Using The Reselling Method
You may use your Visa gift card to purchase anything at a shop and then sell it online for cash using the reselling technique. I placed this one last on the list since it requires a few extra steps.
To make this work, you’ll need to buy something from a shop and then resell it. Most of the time, sellers will locate goods that have been marked down at shops like Walmart or Target and resell them online for a profit. This usually occurs after the Christmas season, when retailers discount goods.
Make careful to research what products are popular to sell online before listing the item on sites like Amazon. This is what it means to become an Amazon FBA vendor.
Many times, individuals will buy goods at a bargain and then sell them on Amazon for a greater price. Many sellers profit handsomely from this side business, and it may be a method for you to convert Visa gift cards to cash.
Is It Possible To Get Money From A Gift Card?
Selling gift cards on sites like Gift Card Granny and Gift Cash is one of the simplest methods to earn money off a gift card or convert Visa gift cards to cash. You can easily make money by selling your unwanted gift cards on these sites.
Can I Use My Visa Gift Card At An ATM?
If you have a Visa gift card and are wondering if you can use it at an ATM, the simple answer is no. You can’t withdraw money from an ATM with these kinds of gift cards since they’re programmed to be used at shops or restaurants.
You may, however, utilize some of the techniques mentioned in this article, such as selling gift cards for cash on sites like Facebook Marketplace or Gift Card Granny.
Is It Possible To Convert A Visa Gift Card Into Cash?
The alternatives mentioned in this article will help you get started if you want to trade in your Visa gift card for cash. While you won’t be able to cash it in at an ATM, you may attempt some of the alternatives mentioned in the article, such as selling your gift cards on Facebook Marketplace.
I recently conducted a Facebook marketplace search and discovered that many individuals were selling their unused gift cards. Always double-check each seller’s or buyer’s feedback to ensure they’re genuine.
Is it possible to move funds from a gift card to a debit card?
The simple answer is that money cannot be transferred straight from a gift card to a debit card. Card Cash, on the other hand, may be used to add to your PayPal balance. Remember to read the rest of this article for detailed instructions on how to do this.
You may also consider selling the gift cards on sites like Gift Card Granny to earn cash for them.
Is It Possible To Sell A Visa Gift Card To Others?
Yes, you can certainly sell a Visa gift card that you don’t want to other people if you want to. You can sell your unused gift cards for cash on sites like Facebook Marketplace and Gift Cash.
If you don’t want them, you can even sell them to relatives and friends. If selling on the internet isn’t your thing, see if your relatives or friends are interested in your Visa gift card.
Is it possible to make money by selling your gift cards?
Absolutely. Selling your gift cards is a great way to get money. The great thing about selling things online is that you can always find a platform where you can rapidly sell your goods.
This article discusses some of the most effective methods and locations for selling gift cards. Gift Card Granny and Gift Cash are two of my favorites listed in this article. Check out some of those websites to determine whether they’re a suitable match for selling your unused gift cards.
How Do I Cash In My Vanilla Visa Gift Card?
Vanilla gift cards are Visa prepaid gift cards that may be purchased in denominations ranging from $10 to $500. It’s perfect for special events and makes a wonderful present for someone you don’t know what to buy them for a special occasion.
If you want to convert a Vanilla Visa gift card to cash, you may utilize all of the methods suggested in this article, just as you would with a normal Visa gift card. You may utilize the choices in this article even if you can’t receive money straight from a Visa Vanilla gift card.
Additional Money-Making Options
Check out some of the alternatives below if you’re still searching for methods to earn some additional cash.
- Pick Up A Freelance Job: Freelancing is one of the most effective methods to supplement your income. Graphic design, proofreading, editing, virtual assistant assistance, and other services are just a few examples of what you may provide. Consider all of your abilities and talents, as well as the individuals that want your assistance. Those are the kinds of things you can help others with. Freelancer and Upwork are two places to look for freelance employment.
- Join A Focus Group: Participating in focus groups is a simple method to earn money in exchange for your input. Individuals are sought by brands and businesses to provide feedback on various goods and services. As a consequence, they form focus groups in several cities and target certain demographics for each session. I just took part in a diaper focus group and was paid $250 at the conclusion of the session. Focusgroups.org and Focusgroup.com are two of my favorite sites to locate focus groups if you’re searching for a legitimate method to make some additional cash.
- Complete Online Surveys: Not all surveys are made equal, which is why it’s critical to choose the most reliable one. Mindswarms, Swagbucks, InboxDollars, Survey Junkie, and Pinecone Research are some of my favorite survey sites for making extra cash.
If you need to buy someone a present, Visa gift cards are fantastic. However, if you’re searching for methods to turn a Visa gift card into cash, this article outlined some of the finest options.
While a Visa gift card cannot be redeemed for cash at a shop or at an ATM, there are methods to convert a Visa gift card to cash, such as selling it online. What are your go-to methods for converting Visa gift cards to cash? Please let me know in the comments section.
If you are a frequent flyer and you typically use gift cards whenever you shop, you may be in for a treat. Several companies like CardCash and CardPool are starting to accept prepaid gift cards and turn them into cash. Visa gift cards are typically accepted by retailers where a round of transactions is a breeze, but most of the companies that accept gift cards have set limits on how much can be redeemed.. Read more about convert visa gift card to cash venmo and let us know what you think.
Frequently Asked Questions
How can I turn Visa gift cards into cash?
You can sell them on eBay or trade them in for a gift card.
Can you transfer visa gift cards to bank?
Unfortunately, Visa gift cards cannot be transferred to a bank account.
How do I transfer money from a gift card to my bank account?
You can transfer money from a gift card to your bank account by going to the store where you purchased the card and asking them for the specific information.
This article broadly covered the following related topics:
- convert visa gift card to cash paypal
- how to get cash from prepaid visa debit card
- transfer money from gift card to bank account
- how to get cash from a vanilla visa gift card
- can you transfer money from a gift card to a debit card